|Using Visuals to Make Your Point|
Upon completing this chapter, you will be able to prepare well-organized, objective
reports. To reach this goal, you should be able to:
- Plan which parts of your report or other document should be
communicated or supported by visuals.
- Explain how visuals are presentedsize, layout, type, rules and borders,
color and cross-hatching, clip art, background, numbering, titles, title
placement, and footnotes and acknowledgments.
- Construct textual visuals such as tables, pull quotes, flowcharts,
and process charts.
- Construct and use visuals such as bar charts, pie charts, line charts,
scatter diagrams, and maps.
- Avoid common errors and ethical problems when constructing
and using visuals.
- Place and interpret visuals effectively.