Sophomore Year Portfolio Planning Guide
- Add to your Career Development Portfolio.
- Start a file about careers and majors. Start to narrow your choices.
- Do research on specific majors and careers.
- Develop computer skills.
- Join clubs and take a leadership role.
- Read articles and books about your major area, careers, and the world of work.
- Find a part-time job or volunteer your time.
- Update your resume.
- Get to know instructors and talk to them about careers.
- Explore internships and co-op programs.
- Add a section to your journal called Job Skills and Qualities.
- Include these questions and write answers: How could I benefit an employer?
What skills and personal qualities do I have to offer? What can I do to make myself
- Get a summer job and continue to gain experience, learn skills, develop references,
and earn money.
- Keep up your journal and include notes on what it takes to get along with
others and how to advance in the workplace.